Wicker patio furniture remains a popular choice for many outdoor spaces. Sturdy and aesthetically pleasing, wicker can compliment a variety of different décor styles. While beautiful, wicker also requires a little extra upkeep to ensure it stays as beautiful as the day you purchased it. Check out our tips and tricks to help you keep your wicker furniture looking like new!
Caring for Resin Wicker Furniture
Resin wicker has a slight advantage over natural wicker, in that it's naturally more weather resistant than wicker made from organic plant fibers. It typically does better than natural wicker in rain, humidity, and extreme temperatures. The smooth, hard surface of resin wicker allows it to easily repel dirt and stains. Although resin wicker is more durable, the following tips will allow you to greatly extend the life of your furniture:
- Move wicker furniture under cover or inside during inclement weather if possible
- If you cannot move furniture indoors, consider investing in patio furniture covers
- Avoid direct contact with chlorine and saltwater
- If near saltwater, it is recommended you rinse your furniture weekly
- Keep furniture a safe distance away from open flames or artificial heat
Cleaning Resin Wicker Furniture
Cleaning your wicker patio furniture is inexpensive, and if it's cared for properly, will not require a large amount of time. Follow these simple steps and have your furniture looking new in no time!
- Remove cushions and fabric seat covers and clean separately, according to instructions on the tag
- Use a vacuum or a soft-bristled brush to remove loose dirt or debris and caught between the wicker
- Prepare a bucket of warm water and non-bleach detergent or mild dish soap (do not use abrasive cleaners!)
- Use a soft-bristled brush or sponge to scrub all surfaces of the furniture Rinse thoroughly with clean water
- Let furniture air dry (preferably in filtered sunlight or partial shade) completely before putting cushions back on or storing
Don't forget to check out our patio furniture covers to give your furniture some added protection!