Marine Grade Polymer (MGP) Patio Furniture is a plastic lumber and a great wood alternative for outdoor furniture. It is available in a variety of styles and colors, is heavy duty and simple to maintain. MGP, a High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE), is 100% recyclable and environmentally-friendly. Originally created for boat hulls, MGP is the perfect material for outdoor furniture in any climate. Find out the features and benefits of MGP patio furniture and the easy steps to keep it looking great for years to come.
Why Choose Marine Grade Polymer Patio Furniture?
- 100% recyclable & environmentally-friendly
- High-resistance to swelling, warping and rotting
- High-immunity to cracking, peeling or separating
- Strong and durable
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Color pigment goes all the way through the material
How to Clean Marine Grade Polymer Furniture
Cleaning your MGP patio furniture is easy and inexpensive. Follow these simple steps to keep your furniture looking great.
- Rinse off patio furniture with a hose to quickly clean spills
- Prepare a bucket of warm water and non-bleach detergent or mild dish soap
- Using a rag or soft bristled brush, scrub all surfaces (Avoid abrasive nylon pads or scrubbers; these can mar the finish)
- To remove oil or grease stains you can use citrus cleaner, alcohol or mineral spirits
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water
- Let furniture air dry
- Avoid products meant for natural wood as these can stain the finish
How to Store Marine Grade Polymer Furniture
- Clean your MGP patio furniture thoroughly according to the cleaning guidelines listed above.
- Make sure to drain all water from the furniture.
- Let furniture air dry fully
- Stack the furniture upright
- Cover with a Patio Furniture Cover with wind vents. The wind vents will help deter the furniture from potentially moving in windy areas or the cover from coming off the furniture.
- Make sure there is an opening at the bottom of the covering, so that any water will drain out.
MGP Patio Furniture Popular Brand
Telescope Casual MGP Patio Furniture is made of recycled materials and utilizes sling in many of the chair designs for fast drying and added comfort. They also use stainless steel hardware for added strength and durability. The product lines include dining, Adirondack chairs, benches, chaise lounges, coffee tables and rocking chairs in a variety of trendy styles.
Telescope Casual warrants their powder coat aluminum frames and marine grade polymer frames from failing structurally during normal usage for a period of 15 years from the original date of purchase. Telescope warrants their powder coat finishes against peeling, cracking or blistering for a period of 3 years. Non-Glass table tops are warranted for 3 years from the date of purchase, except Werzalit table tops, which are warranted for 1 year. Wood furniture, cushions, slings, and folding aluminum furniture are warranted for 1 year. Wicker fibers are warranted for 3 years. Warranty varies for commercial usage, please see the full warranty for more details. Telescope Causal Warranty