5 Tips for Incorporating Outdoor Throw Pillows
Adding simple design elements can tie your space together and help create a beautiful outdoor room. Outdoor Throw Pillows are one of the easiest ways to add a pop of color, emphasize a new design trend or make a fresh seasonal change. Here are 5 tips to find your perfect throws:
- Consider the size of your outdoor furniture. With oversized seating try larger pillows in a variety of shapes. Smaller seating pieces should not be overshadowed by giant pillows.
- Mix in your own personal style. Throws are an easy way to add style elements to your space. Elegant brocades, crisp geometrics or wild animals prints add a touch of your personality.
- Try bringing in textural fabrics, colors and prints to connect your space to your favorite environments. Think of the elements and mimic them in comfort and style like mountain greenery, cool coastal beaches, tropical colors and leaves or rustic woodsy lake house.
- Make sure any throw pillows used outdoors are made with outdoor fabric. Outdoor rated fabric is designed to withstand UV rays, fading, mold, mildew and are overall more durable. Sunbrella, Outdura and Polyester are widely used outdoor fabrics that are often used on outdoor throw pillows.
- Add in solids, stripes and smaller patterned outdoor throws to tie together bright or patterned cushions. For more tips on incorporating colors into your outdoor space, view our Pop Your Patio: Colors, Cushions, & Coordination.