Types of Outdoor TVs
Outdoor Smart TV
- TV that has been connected to the internet
- Most have access to apps that let the TVs access popular services like Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Instant Video, and Hulu Plus.
- A Smart TV is Wi-Fi enabled and runs streaming services through an interface built into the TV.
Outdoor LED TV
- LED (Liquid Crystal Display)
- Piping adds strength
- Gives the cushion a high-end finish.
Outdoor 4K Ultra HD TV
- 4K Ultra HD TV (Ultra High Definition Television) sometimes referred to as 4K, Ultra HD, or UHD
- TV with a resolution of 3,840 x 2,160 pixels, more than 8 million pixels in total, which is four times the number in Full HD (1,920 x 1,080)
- 4K offers four times the detail of 1080p, making 4K the most detailed television resolution widely available on the market today.
Outdoor Projectors & Theaters
- Hand-sewn darts
- Tufts help maintain the cushion's shape
- Traditional styling
What Makes an Outdoor TV Different?
- Outdoor TVs are rated for outdoor use and can withstand the elements. They are water resistant, and also fight off things like wind, water, bugs, and humidity.
- Outdoor TV displays have extra-bright panels which reduce glare, resulting in a better picture under natural outdoor lighting conditions. Nit : A measurement of luminance or the intensity of visible light. Nits determine the brightness of the display on LED Outdoor TVs. Indoor TVs have an average of 250-350 nits. Outdoor TVs range from 500-700 nits, the hight the nit the more bright the display. If you are placing an outdoor tv in a bright area with direct sunlight you will want to purchase a TV with heigher nits.
- Remember the warranty! Bringing an indoor TV outside will likely void the warranty.
Outdoor TVs: Things to Remember
- Waterproof versus Water Resistant. These two terms mean two very different things. A device that is waterproof means that it’s impervious to water and can even operate while submerged, whereas a device that is water resistant is able to resist water intrusion to some degree – but can not be submerged.
- Don’t forget to make sure that the remote is also waterproof. Keep in mind that a waterproof TV can also be power washed, which you will undoubtedly be doing at least a few times a year if you live in an area prone to dust.
- TV mounts need to be all-weather too! A regular mount is meant for indoor use and can fail under extreme temperatures and will likely rust outdoors.
- Just like everything else placed outside, make sure your cables are rated for outdoor use.
Outdoor TV Mount Types
- Often used in conjunction with polyester fiber wrap around the foam, which makes a more comfortable cushion.
- Drying Tip: Place on the side after cleaning for faster drying. Water may be retained in foam cushions for longer periods of time.
Articulating Wall Mount
- Densified filling allows water to drain through your patio furniture with ease.
- Dries faster than traditional foam cushions.
- Solution-dyed fibers insure the color will remain.
- Engineered to last 2 to 10 times longer than conventional fabrics.
- 5-year warranty against becoming unserviceable due to color or strength loss from normal usage and exposure conditions, including sunlight and mildew.